Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year... Same Treats!

For many years I've been making these delicious treats for my family and friends. Like nuts and bolts, my dad's signature December offering, they only come around once a year at Christmas time. I like to create these little clusters of joy as a thank you for all the support and love people have given me each year.

Due to the numerous requests recently, I caved and promised the recipe. This is for the girls at work, who I have a feeling might really need Treat Tuesday next week. And also for Meaney's family who sometimes have problems sharing their annual packages of these...

CRANBERRY LEMON DELICIOUSNESS

1 lb white melting chocolate
1 lemon zested
1 box golden grahams
1 handful dried cranberries

In a double boiler (fancy name for pot of water with a metal bowl on top of it) melt the chocolate and zest lemon into it.

Mix in golden grahams and cranberries until coated with chocolate!


Creates clusters on a pan covered with wax paper and let cool until they solidify (this is where Canadian winter and garages come in handy).


TA DA! The secret is out on how easy these babies are to make. 

To redeem myself the next post will be on the delish cabbage rolls I made last week, definitely not easy - correction: easy, but time consuming. Yes, Meaney is happy about the extra time I have to chef yummy things up. Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment